Healing, Growing, Moving Forward
Are any of these true for you?
You are so caught up in daily living that you’ve lost your peace and joy
You need emotional healing
You need help in changing your negative thoughts
You are new to being a Christian, and need to find your footing
You sense a need to get closer to God and would like someone to journey with
Issues in your life are dragging you down
You are bound by bitterness or fear, or don’t believe God could love you
You simply need someone to walk the spiritual journey with you for awhile
You need someone to listen and suggest spiritual direction
You crave victory in some area of your life
You need balance in your life and are seeking it
You have questions about how to live as a Christian
You already know how to live as a Christian, but need coaching to carry out and maintain
You are drowning in depression or other emotional pain
Other life issues
As a Christian, you look forward to eternal life with God where all stress and pain will be gone. But you still live in this life.
Does what happens to you in this life really count?
Is it possible to live an abundant life in Jesus now?
The answer to both questions is YES!
But if you’ve been a Christian awhile, you already know you will not fall into the abundant life by default. It takes intentionality. Intentionality to build a relationship with God, to take every thought captive, to gain victory in spiritual warfare.
All Christians – whether you are a not-yet Christian or a new Christian or a long-time Christian – face trials, temptations, pain, and stress in this life. No one is exempt. At times it would be beneficial, even life-saving, to have someone walk this journey with you.
This is the purpose of Reach For The Summit’s Discipleship Coaching ministry . . .
To walk with you wherever you are in your spiritual journey, to get you over a hump and joyfully walking with Jesus, to see you through a painful time while still maintaining your peace, to give you the tools to walk on from here.
Here are some things you will learn (depending on where you are):
- How to have a vibrant devotional life
- How to relate to Scripture and prayer as the foundation for resolving your issues and living the abundant life in Jesus.
- How to really know that God loves you, and that you can trust Him
- How to come to Jesus for emotional healing
- How to maintain your spiritual life
- The power of repentance in the spiritual life, and what things to repent of
- How to recognize the difference between God’s voice and Satan’s voice speaking to your heart
- How to take every thought captive
- How to renew your mind with Scripture
- How to change the way you think
- How to resist temptation
- ...and more
- First, talk and get acquainted
- Find the spiritual "hot spots" that prevent you from living the abundant life
- Begin working on knowing/feeling that God loves you personally
- Talk about your personal alone time with God
- Define sin and repentance and begin to practice repentance
- Talk about the brain and the importance of thoughts
- Discuss how to listen to God's voice and not Satan's
- Begin taking every thought captive
- Use coaching questions to help you focus into a direction you decide to go
- Go to God in prayer
- Let God be the counselor
- Ask God for His healing (He gives it!)
- . . . and more
- The Bible
- Talking and sharing together
- Spiritual Inventories
- Knowledge (such as how the brain works)
- Coaching questions to help you implement
There is help!
(This is a double opt-in; if you do not receive an email with a link to click, please check your spam folder.)